Friday, September 11, 2009

Toys, toys, toys

Is your home overrun with toys?

Forgive me for a moment while I rant, but one of my pet peeves is plastic toys. Not just plastic toys, but hoards of plastic toys. They're ugly, they're noisy, and they really hurt when you step on them. Not to mention how easily they break. Oh, and they're ugly. Did I mention how annoying they are? :-)

Okay now settle down, I know your kids probably have plenty of plastic toys in their toy box (or all over the ground) right now. I don't mean to insult anyone, just hear me out.

Toys don't have to be noisy and ugly. Just take a look at some of these...


Aren't these pretty? Also, as a great alternative to buying plastic toys for your kids would be to buy them creative things to play with instead. Ex: paint sets, molding clay, disposable camera, shovel/pail. AND you could also emphasize toys that get your kids up and active! For example: jump rope, soccer ball, roller blades, trike/bike, scooter, etc. Maybe you can start going for a family bike ride once a week!

If you're also annoyed with the piles of plastic in your house, you can have your kids help you pick out some toys to donate to charity and get them out of your house!

1 comment:

  1. I love wooden toys. Anyone who ever asks me what to get a small child for b-days and so on, I always say wooden blocks or toys. I love the ones you posted too!

    ReplyDelete