Thursday, January 21, 2010

Presence.

Being present is a struggle for me.

I'm a planner. I like to think of ideas, plan projects, plan my garden, plan my life. My word for this year is presence. So my goal is to be here, now. Not constantly think of what's ahead. As much as I like to plan for the future, I also realize that today is going to be yesterday really soon. And yesterday is going to become last year, and then before I know it, last year will become 5 years ago.

Right now I'm in a bit of a funk. It's like clockwork. A few weeks into the school term, and my brain turns off. I want to be done because I have 1,000 other things I want to do. I'm also in a sewing funk. I want to do it...I really do. I just don't.

Oh well. I can't be super excited and motivated all the time, right? Ugh...it's times like these when I want to eat an entire row of Oreos.

...How's that for a completely random post? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment