Thursday, January 28, 2010

Take A Breath...

You know that feeling you get when you read something outrageous or see a documentary that moves you so much you just want to get up and do something about it right then? Well, that's often the way I feel when I write a post on here. I'm usually fired up about something, no matter what it is. I guess I kind of use this blog as an outlet.

Having said that, I realize that publishing a post like the last one immediately after I write it is probably not a good thing:-) In the future I'll take a breath, walk away, come back and edit if necessary.

The main goal of this blog is to inspire people to be informed about the decisions they make about their families. That's why it's called Parental Guidance Suggested. I'm suggesting that you be intentional about the way you guide your families, instead of just going through the motions and relying on doing "what everybody else does".

I know that yelling at people and sounding judgemental does not inspire. The last thing I want to do is sound judgemental, and turn people off so much that they miss the point of what I'm trying to say. So, in the future I promise that I'll find a better way to deliver my thoughts, opinions, and research so that is does inspire you, not make you feel defensive.

You know, in a weird way this is a great way to think about how you relate to your kids:-) But, I think I should be done typing for the day. Or the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment