Sunday, March 7, 2010

Starting Seeds!

I love this time of year! This year is extra exciting since I've signed up for a community garden plot. I'm starting seeds inside right now, and hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to set up my raised beds and get some plants in the ground!

These are spinach and pea seeds I'm starting out on my patio. They do well in cool weather so I put them outside with the top of my cake stand over them so they don't get too wet from this Pacific Northwest rain.
Someday I'll get a camera that will actually focus on what I want it to:-)

These are the seeds I'm starting inside. We have (all of these are organic btw): sugar pumpkin (for pumpkin pie in the fall), sweet pepper, several different varieties of lettuce, Beefsteak tomato, Ace tomato (for canning my own spaghetti sauce!), and Sweet Pea Currant tomato.


Are you starting seeds for your organic garden yet??


No comments:

Post a Comment