Monday, October 25, 2010

Passion

Wow. It's been months since I've posted on this blog. I needed to take a little break to remove myself from it and learn a little more about compassionate communication.

Today I stumbled across this post from my friend's blog. I totally forgot she wrote this! It reminded me why I started this blog, and why I should keep writing. I am passionate about all things pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, etc. In fact, in the past few months we've moved back to my home town in Kansas and I've decided I want to open a birth center here! My friend and I talked about it today: what steps we need to take to start the process, the workshop we want to attend next fall, where we would be located, etc. It's so much fun to dream! I can't wait to start putting these dreams in motion.

Not only has my passion for these things grown, but my other passions have evolved that would sort of merge well into my dream of opening a birth center. Last year I started Wonderland Baby, and with that I could create special onesies just for the babies born in the birth center. I've also found a new passion for photography! I would love, love, love to include birth photography as a service in the birth center. I have so many inspirations for these dreams, but my main inspiration has by far been my friend Kathy, who is actually on her way to California from Washington RIGHT NOW to do her very first birth photography session!

It's so wonderful to be able to follow my passions in life. I'll keep you updated on the process of the birth center planning;-)

1 comment: