Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quinoa Adventures

Last night I decided to have salmon and quinoa for dinner. I bought some salmon at a local market I discovered yesterday. More on the market in the future, but I just wanted to share this meal because it was yummy!
I bought this salmon and organic lemon at the market for dinner!

This is the only store I've found that sells NATURAL salmon that didn't come from a fish farm and isn't pumped full of hormones and antibiotics. 


So here I was getting ready to measure out my quinoa, and the bag slipped out of my hand and all of the sudden I had quinoa dunes on my counter, and it spilled all over the floor and into the open drawer below. Awesome. Well...it makes a cool picture:-)


At least I got some in the measuring cup!


Dinner is served! Broiled salmon, quinoa with lemon juice, and sautéed red bell pepper and zucchini.  

I. Love. Salmon. 
This meal really didn't take long to put together. Maybe 15-20 minutes including prep? Easy peasey. And yummy.

1 comment:

  1. WOnderful! If you use vegetable broth in the quinoa, it takes it to another level:) K

    ReplyDelete