Friday, April 15, 2011

Soap Nuts!

A while ago I came across a new concept (new to me, anyway) of using soap nuts to clean laundry. I read about it on a blog, and started researching it more. I finally decided to take the plunge and buy some and see how they work! I got them in the mail today and I'm SO excited to try them. I have a load in the washer right now!


Soap nuts are a natural, organic way to clean your laundry. They even soften your clothes in the washer so there's no need for softening sheets. You use 4 in a small fabric bag that they provide and that lasts 4-6 loads. When your done, you can compost them! Zero waste:-)


This one little bag cleans 4-6 loads of laundry!



Like I said I have a load in the washer right now, so I'll report back once I see how they work! Here's hoping:-)

*Update: Wow I just got a load out of the dryer and I am IMPRESSED! They don't have a smell at all, which is the smell of CLEAN:-) A few t-shirts were a little static-y which is fine with me. If you don't like that, then I suggest Shaklee biodegradable dryer sheets. Overall, I am super excited about how well these work and have NO plans to go back to traditional laundry detergent. Yay for natural solutions!

*2nd update: As of December 15, 2011 I still have not used the entire bag of soap nuts. But, we don't have kids yet so I'm only doing laundry for two people. But still! This one bag has lasted 8 months so far! That is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. That's the freakiest thing I ever saw! LOL!!! Did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it worked great! I'm a soap nut user for life now:-)

    ReplyDelete